National Grid — Dorchester
Next to the famous multicolored gas tanks in Dorchester, a new kind of energy is being developed by Rivermoor Energy for our client, National Grid. Slated to go live in late 2011, this solar array makes use of undevelopable, industrial land and will bring additional renewable energy to the City of Boston.
- Equivalent to generating electricity for 260 homes annually
- Contributes to the state’s renewable energy standard
- Provides utility with flexibility for serving local customers with solar generation
- 1.3 MW solar power generated
- Over 6 acres of contaminated land reused for solar
- Carbon offset is equivalent to nearly 4900 trees